Welcome to the ultimate B2B Marketing Agency serving San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Jose, Sacramento and the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle) as the most strategically biased Digital Marketing, Web Design and B2B Marketing Agency. We gladly serve California and all 50 United States. Partner with a client centric B2B Market Agency that puts skin in the game… from strategic Telemarketing Services to Experiential Event Marketing.
This week’s post comes to us from Bryan Ong, author of A Marketing Blog by Marketing Journal. Mr. Ong relays the simple answer to growing both your brand and market share:
by Bryan Ong
April 22, 2010
Marketers and CEOs, how do you grow your brand or your company’s market share & sales volume? A few years ago, I posted on my blog titled ‘What is Your Marketing IQ?’ which has all the answers. The answer is actually quite simple, so simple that most don’t know the answer.
Most companies would think that the answer is to get existing customers to increase their purchase frequency i.e. buy more from you or by increasing customer loyalty. This is why so many companies allocate a substantial amount of their marketing budgets towards customer loyalty programs. But in fact, this is not true.
The answer to growth is to actually get more customers or buyers. This is not too hard to understand, imagine there are a 1000 people in your market and you have 700 people who are your customers. This is 70% of the market share and thus making you the market leader. Having 100 out of a 1000 people buying multiples times from you still doesn’t change the fact that you only have 10% market share. Simple, isn’t it?
There are a lot of marketing knowledge from this book where most marketers don’t know:
1. Growth in market share comes by increasing popularity; that is by gaining more buyers (of all types), most of whom are light customers buying the brand only occasionally.
2. Brands, even though they are usually slightly differentiated, mainly compete as if they are near lookalikes; but they vary in popularity (and hence market share.)
3. Brand competion and growth is largely about building two market based assets: physical availability and mental availability. Brands that are easier to buy – for more people, in more situations – have more market share. Innovation and differentiation (when they work) build market based assets, which last after competitors copy the innovation.
Stay tuned for more relevant content on creating world-class B2B Telesales, B2B telemarketing and B2B Inside Sales strategies. We at SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales thank you for joining us in our commitment to unwavering strategic planning, B2B brand marketing and B2B sales execution.
Call today and our “high-touch” dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals to tailor our B2B Telesales, B2B Telemarketing and Telemarketing Services to your specific needs.
SalesFish Net of Sales Services:
- B2B Direct Sales, Channel Sales and Marketing Strategies
- On-Site B2B Presentation, Negotiation and Sales
- B2B Telemarketing and B2B Telesales Services
- Cold Calls and Appointment Setting
- Online Presentations and Webinars
- Product Awareness and Announcement Calls
- Primary Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Surveys
- Experiential Event Marketing
- Pre and Post-Event Calls
- Audience Acquisition, Exhibit Sales and Sponsorship Sales