Welcome to SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales, the most strategically biased B2B Marketing Agency, telemarketing services, telemarketing companies (sales agency) and digital marketing companies, serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Jose, Sacramento and the Pacific Northwest (Bend, Portland, Seattle). We gladly serve California and all 50 United States!
You’ve put in the hard work – four years of lecture halls, projects, and finals – and now you’ve got that coveted degree in marketing. So it should be fairly easy to find that dream job in brand marketing, right? If you’ve put in the four years of college you likely also know that getting a job is just not that easy. There are some essential steps that you should take to make the process easier.
Here are a few tips to help you land a job in B2B marketing:
- Showcase your marketing skills by starting with your resume. A standard resume is not going to impress a marketing firm or marketing department. Remember that you are selling yourself. If you’re trying to land a job in any type of marketing agency, they want to see that you truly know how to market yourself. Get creative. Your resume is your opportunity to creatively showcase why this company wants to hire you. Some unique ways to present your experience can include infographics or slideshows. Just be sure that the method you use is applicable for the company you’re trying to land a job with. Show them that you know exactly how to reach your target audience.
- Highlight your experience. Don’t just list internships (which to many reading a resume scream “I got coffee for my boss every day”), but detail exactly what type of relevant projects you worked on that can show you’ve have real experience in B2B sales and marketing.
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is professional and up to date. Statistics show that over 80% of recruiters hire through LinkedIn. Include samples of work you have done for clients and try to have a few great testimonials.
- Understand statistics and the ability to gauge what marketing campaigns are working and how to adapt them or change them to provide a better return on your marketing investments.
- Don’t limit your search to only advertising agencies or boutique marketing agencies. Many large companies, like tech companies, hospitals, and other large corporations, have in-house marketing departments.
Land a great job doing what you love at a B2B marketing agency or corporate marketing department by following the simple steps highlighted above.
Stay tuned for more relevant content on creating world-class digital marketing strategies and B2B telemarketing sales strategies. We at SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales thank you for joining us in our commitment to unwavering strategic planning, B2B brand marketing and B2B sales execution.
Call today and our “high-touch” dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals to tailor our marketing and sales tactics to your specific needs.
SalesFish Net of Sales Services:
- B2B Direct Sales, Channel Sales and Marketing Strategies
- On-Site B2B Presentation, Negotiation and Sales
- B2B Telemarketing and B2B Telesales Services
- Cold Calls and Appointment Setting
- Online Presentations and Webinars
- Product Awareness and Announcement Calls
- Primary Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Surveys
- Experiential Event Marketing
- Pre and Post-Event Calls
- Audience Acquisition, Exhibit Sales and Sponsorship Sales