Sales Enablement and Why It Matters
Welcome to SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales, the most strategically biased B2B Marketing Agency, telemarketing services, telemarketing companies (sales agency) and digital marketing companies, serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Jose, Sacramento and the Pacific Northwest (Bend, Portland, Seattle). We gladly serve California and all 50 United States!
If you do a Google search on marketing or B2B sales, you’re likely going to come across the term “sales enablement.” Put simply, sales enablement is the process of equipping a sales team with the proper tools and resources to help them do their job more effectively. This may happen from a dedicated sales enablement team or it may be a part of the sales department or part of the marketing department. In every company sales enablement responsibilities look a little different and are constantly evolving.
An effective sales enablement team is strategic and helps B2B sales and marketing teams put systems in place that make the sales process smoother and more efficient. By doing this, they make the process of onboarding new sales representatives easier and faster.
Here are some examples of the types of activities that a sales enablement team can do:
- Provide specific, step-by-step guidelines for the sales process.
- Develop and share best practices for selling.
- Develop and share new sales tools, including new technological systems.
- Train new salespeople in a systematic way to get the best return on investment.
- Provide content for the sales team, including marketing material both online and in paper form.
- Plan events to help the sales team develop leads and sales.
- Tools and techniques to cross-sell or upsell where applicable.
- Coach sales team on selling techniques.
Done effectively, sales enablement can improve the performance of the sales team, thereby resulting in more sales and revenue for the company. The effectiveness of your sales enablement team is easy to measure based on sales conversions and how quickly your new hires start to produce revenue.
If you don’t currently have a dedicated sales enablement team and are considering adding one to your organization, make sure you do it carefully. Adding a part-time employee with little guidance will not give you the benefit you need. This needs to be carefully and strategically planned out and something that has the full support of the entire organization in order to succeed. If done properly, it can be exactly what your organization needs to take your sales to the next level.
Stay tuned for more relevant content on creating world-class digital marketing strategies and B2B telemarketing sales strategies. We at SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales thank you for joining us in our commitment to unwavering strategic planning, B2B brand marketing and B2B sales execution.
Call today and our “high-touch” dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals to tailor our marketing and sales tactics to your specific needs.
SalesFish Net of Sales Services:
- B2B Direct Sales, Channel Sales and Marketing Strategies
- On-Site B2B Presentation, Negotiation and Sales
- B2B Telemarketing and B2B Telesales Services
- Cold Calls and Appointment Setting
- Online Presentations and Webinars
- Product Awareness and Announcement Calls
- Primary Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Surveys
- Experiential Event Marketing
- Pre and Post-Event Calls
- Audience Acquisition, Exhibit Sales and Sponsorship Sales