Welcome to SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales, the most strategically biased B2B Marketing Agency, telemarketing services, telemarketing companies (sales agency) and digital marketing companies, serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Jose, Sacramento and the Pacific Northwest (Bend, Portland, Seattle). We gladly serve California and all 50 United States!
There is one small word in the English lexicon that will kill a sale faster than any other. That word is “I.” Its close cousins me, we, us and our can also derail a deal faster than anything else. These short, but powerful, words will bounce visitors right off your website, hasten your mailer’s journey to file 13, compel viewers and listeners to change the station. No bueno.
It’s understandable that most businesses want to share THEIR stories, put themselves in front of the camera, hear their own voices online. But is talking about yourself any way to start a relationship? Dale Carnegie didn’t think so. In his classic guide, How to Win Friends and Influence People, first published in 1936, he outlined “Six ways to make people like you”:
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest.
- Make the other person feel important—and do it sincerely.
Technology has changed our communications media, but it hasn’t changed our basic psychology. If anything, digital media have made your prospects more self-focused since with social media, “all the world’s a stage.” Your audience wants to be heard, known and understood—they want to have their stories told and to have others say, “You’re interesting.” Put them into the spotlight first, and they’ll be more likely to stick around to find out about you and your business.
Since you generally have just a few seconds to grab someone’s attention before they divert it elsewhere, it’s essential that you immediately establish: “I get you. I understand what you want and need.” Before you start giving solutions, demonstrate that you can relate to how they are feeling in that moment. Once you make that connection and your prospects feel understood, you can start to show how your products or services are relevant to their lives.
Here are a few simple things you can do to put the spotlight where it belongs:
- Whether you’re writing website content, an ad or a video script, start with the word “you.” It’s a good way to start a draft with the right focus.
- Next time you go onto your social media pages, remember this mantra: “Like, comment, share.” Visit other people’s sites, “Like” their pages and leave them with a friendly comment. Share their content on your page. Social media may be 21st Century, but the principles behind it are timeless—it’s still all about how to win friends and influence people.
- Become a student of marketing, a critic of ads. Evaluate all the marketing communications you run across today in the light of their focus: are they establishing rapport with their audiences, or talking all about themselves? You’ll soon find yourself paying attention to ads, rather than trying to tune them out. You’ll look at websites with a critical eye. It’s actually pretty fun to study other companies’ marketing and it will help you make yours better.
The truth is that it’s not about you. It’s about the customers you’re trying to win and the public you want to influence. Good salespeople know that every marketing communication—from print ads to website home page copy—needs to begin with telling their story, not yours. Put the customer in the spotlight and they will want to know more about you. The best way to get attention is to first give attention.
Call SalesFish today and our high-touch, dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals, and the marketing and sales tactics best suited to your specific needs. And, yes, we will also advise you on the best A.I. tools that actually work and complement the real people in your business!
Stay tuned for more relevant content on creating world-class digital marketing strategies and B2B telemarketing sales strategies. We at SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales thank you for joining us in our commitment to unwavering strategic planning, B2B brand marketing and B2B sales execution.
Call today and our “high-touch” dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals to tailor our marketing and sales tactics to your specific needs.
SalesFish Net of Sales Services:
- B2B Direct Sales, Channel Sales and Marketing Strategies
- On-Site B2B Presentation, Negotiation and Sales
- B2B Telemarketing and B2B Telesales Services
- Cold Calls and Appointment Setting
- Online Presentations and Webinars
- Product Awareness and Announcement Calls
- Primary Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Surveys
- Experiential Event Marketing
- Pre and Post-Event Calls
- Audience Acquisition, Exhibit Sales and Sponsorship Sales