And Two Ways to Nix Mistakes Fast
Welcome to SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales, the most strategically biased B2B Marketing Agency, telemarketing services, telemarketing companies (sales agency) and digital marketing companies, serving Orange County, Los Angeles, San Jose, Sacramento and the Pacific Northwest (Bend, Portland, Seattle). We gladly serve California and all 50 United States!
You’re a good writer, congratulations! English degree? Even better—you’ll save many a grammar lover from a face palm anytime you post something online or send an email. Here’s where it’s hurting your sales: Your online audience isn’t likely there to read formal writing. If you truly want to connect with your leads and online audience, write conversationally. Throw out some of the classic rules and pretend the words you’re typing are words you’re speaking over a cup of coffee or that five o’ clock beer. Here are a few ways to help increase the conversational tone of your written pieces:
- Ask questions of your reader. You wouldn’t sit across from someone over a cup of coffee without getting to know him or her a little first. Prod at why they might be reading your blog or email in the first place and offer a solution. Step into their story a little and they’ll probably hang around just a little longer to hear what you’ve got to say.
- Talk to your reader. Instead of using “we” or “our” use “you” wherever appropriate. Don’t write to the thousands of people that visit your webpage or who open your email campaigns, write to just one of them. Your content will immediately be more personal and meaningful to those that read it.
- Avoid sounding too good. Don’t use bigger words than are necessary, break up bigger ideas and sentences into smaller ones, and feel free to break some rules to make ideas flow more easily.
- Don’t use industry jargon. Flee! Run for your life! Just tell your reader in simple terms what needs to be said without all of the high-level terms that are in your industry. It’s all about the reader understanding plainly what your product or service will do to help them.
- Add some personality, sweetheart. Honestly, there’s no need to hide behind that screen you’re reading this on. If you’re in sales, relationship is everything. It’s likely your reader will want to get to know you a little bit, too.
After you apply these principles, read your piece out loud to yourself and you’ll see it comes across quite pleasant. This will also help address any sticky spots that the reader may find difficult to understand. Watch and see: changing to a friendly tone will help increase your reader engagement.
Call SalesFish today and our high-touch, dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals, and the marketing and sales tactics best suited to your specific needs. And, yes, we will also advise you on the best A.I. tools that actually work and complement the real people in your business!
Stay tuned for more relevant content on creating world-class digital marketing strategies and B2B telemarketing sales strategies. We at SalesFish Brand Marketing & Sales thank you for joining us in our commitment to unwavering strategic planning, B2B brand marketing and B2B sales execution.
Call today and our “high-touch” dedicated team will assist you in assessing your strategic sales goals to tailor our marketing and sales tactics to your specific needs.
SalesFish Net of Sales Services:
- B2B Direct Sales, Channel Sales and Marketing Strategies
- On-Site B2B Presentation, Negotiation and Sales
- B2B Telemarketing and B2B Telesales Services
- Cold Calls and Appointment Setting
- Online Presentations and Webinars
- Product Awareness and Announcement Calls
- Primary Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Surveys
- Experiential Event Marketing
- Pre and Post-Event Calls
- Audience Acquisition, Exhibit Sales and Sponsorship Sales